Hostel Near Kinnaird Women University

Hostel Near Kinnaird Women University The college was established at the start of the 20th century when it was housed near Kinnaird High School. Initial tuition focused on Intermediate classes beginning in 1913, followed by B.A. classes four years later. The college moved to Jail Road in 1926 after it was determined that more space was needed. In 1933, the college acquired land near Lahore’s canal and new buildings were constructed to house the increasing numbers of girls studying at the college. By 1939 the college had grown into a 20-acre campus. Kinnaird College, the premier women’s college in Pakistan, was founded in 1913by the Zenana and Bible Medical Mission, now called Interserve. Pupils of Kinnaird High School pleaded to continue their education. so the first Intermediate class (FA) started with Miss Joan McDonald as Principal. BA classes commenced in1917. The American Presbyterian Mission and the Church Missionary Society joined in 1919 to make Kinnaird a union institution. Others followed. From 1913to 1922 the college was the only women’s liberal arts college in the Punjab.